Terragen™ 2 is a powerful solution for rendering and animating realistic natural environments. Create entire worlds from your imagination, or import real world terrain datasets and use Terragen 2 to create the most realistic visualizations possible. You control the weather, landscape, rivers, lakes and oceans, suns, moons and stars.
Terragen is not a game engine; it has a sophisticated film- and broadcast-quality renderer and procedural modeling tools designed so that you can create the most realistic images possible without taking a photograph. Nor is it a general-purpose 3D program designed to render everything. We have dedicated more than a decade to specializing in algorithms that simulate skies, outdoor lighting, terrain textures, and to render extremely large and detailed terrains. Terragen 2 puts those algorithms in your control. When you need CG environments that don’t look CG, Terragen 2 will help you get there. If you want to go beyond reality, Terragen 2 is a toolbox with infinite possibilities.
Terragen 2 makes this possible with the following features and benefits:
- Hybrid micropolygon renderer optimized for large displacements and very large landscapes.
- Render entire planets, sweeping vistas, tiny rock gardens, or anything in between.
- Export high resolution objects from displaced surfaces.
- Import 3D objects for rendering.
- Render millions of plants and other objects using instancing. Billions of virtual polygons are handled with ease.
- Add multiple heightfields, textures and displacement maps to your scene.
- Georeferencing options; automatic georeferencing for properly formatted GeoTIFF files.
- Procedural terrains that can span an entire planet.
- Apply almost “infinite” fractal detail to terrain and other objects.
- Overhanging terrain using procedural displacements, image-based displacements, or imported geometry.
- 3D painting of colors and masks that can control almost anything in the scene.
- Photorealistic atmosphere and sunlight.
- Volumetric clouds or fast “2.5D” clouds.
- Global illumination, multiple scattering in volumetrics, full light interaction between volumetrics and surfaces.
- Production quality anti-aliasing and motion blur that renders quickly and efficiently.
- High dynamic range output; generate photorealistic environment maps and IBL sources.
- Node graph editor for ultimate control over shaders and textures.
- Flexible planetary shading pipeline.
- Animation of almost any parameter with the optional Animation module.
Terragen 2 is available both as a free download and as a purchase option for Terragen 2 Deep Edition.
The free version may only be used for non-commercial purposes and is limited in the following ways:
Render Size Maximum: 800×600
Render Detail Maximum: 1.0
Antialiasing Maximum: 3
Number of Rendered Populations: 3
Full details here: Planetside.co.uk
Link via: CGTalk.com